Gaming laptops require updated technology based highly configured gaming cards. Different brands are existent in the market which provides a wide range of graphics card for various models of gaming laptops. Amongst all the global brands, Radeon is one of the most popular brands that offer a huge collection of the graphics card at affordable prices. The RX series of AMD manufactured Radeon gaming cards are one of the versatile GPUs that provide smooth and swift gaming experiences. In 2018, Radeon launched its new GPU named as AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 which is powered by the “Vega” Architecture.
The Vega architecture present in the Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU makes it one of the best gaming cards which provide an extreme gaming experience to the users. AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 is good as a gaming card in the following aspects:
However, AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU draws higher power with respect to other similar GPUs and also produces higher heat output. A detailed description of the features of the Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU is given below.
AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8 Gb GPU Review – Based on the Experience of Real Users:
The price of Radeon RX Vega 56 is reasonable and comparatively lesser than its siblings. The approximate price of AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 is $649. It costs $100 less than its more powerful siblings. People intending to do high-end gaming must opt for this GPU at this affordable price. The features and options that come with this GPU are at par with the last generation’s high-end GPUs.
Design & Hardware
The Radeon RX series is provided with a black matte finish sleek body covered with a cooler shroud. The black material present on the outside is not plastic; the entire RX Vega 56’s PCB is enclosed in black anodized aluminum. The RX Vega 56 includes a semi-exposed backplate that envelops the rear end of the gaming card.
There is the presence of a limited edition silver cooler shroud for the RX Vega series. Presently it is restricted to the RX Vega 64’s air-cooled and liquid-cooled configurations; however, AMD is planning to provide this feature in the RX Vega 56 GPU soon.
The gaming card comprises a blower-style fan which sucks in the air from the top of the card and lets out through the rear end of the card. The back end of the card comprises of all the output ports. RX Vega 56 has three Display ports1.4 outputs and a single HDMI 2.0b output. However, the gaming card does not possess a dual-link DVI port.
The Radeon RX Vega 56 consumes a high amount of power. For this reason, it is provided with two 8-pin power connectors. The graphics card also comes with a dual switch that permits and ensures you to switch to the secondary BIOS so as to facilitate low power consumption. But it affects the overall performance of the gaming card. As a result, RX Vega 56 is considered to be a power-thirsty gaming card.
The default BIOS configuration will allow the gaming card to pull a maximum TDP of 210 W, whilst running on the power-saving mode; the card will draw power in the range of 135 W to 173 W.
However, the AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU is no less than its powerful counterparts. The gaming card possesses 8Gb HBM2 memory which spread out across 2048-bit memory bus. The graphics card runs on the Vega 10 GPU architecture so as to provide extreme level gaming experiences.
Following are some of the exclusive characteristic features of AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU:
- Compute Units: 56
- Base Frequency: Up to 1156 MHz
- Boost Frequency: Up to 1471 MHz
- GPU Power: 210W
- Stream Processors: 3584
- GPU Memory:
- Memory Speed: 1.6 Gbps
- Max Memory Size: 8 Gb
- Memory Type: HBM2
- Memory Interface: 2048 bit
- Maximum Memory Bandwidth: 410 Gb/s
- GPU Connectivity:
- Display Port: 1.4 HDR
- Dual Link DVI: No
- HDMI: 2.0b
- VGA: No
- Theoretical Performance:
- Peak Pixel Fill-rate: Up to 94 GP/s
- Peak Texture Fill-rate: Up to 330 GT/s
- Max Performance: Up to 10.5 TFLOPs
- Peak Half Precision Compute Performance: 21 TFLOPs
- Peak Single Precision Compute Performance: 10.5 TFLOPs
- Transistor Count: 12.5 B
These above-stated features make Radeon RX Vega 56 exclusive and unique GPU immensely benefiting the users.
AMD formulated Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU consists of newer and superior-quality technologies which make it highly beneficial and versatile for high-end gaming purposes. Following is given the details of the technologies used by the Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU:
- Radeon VR Ready Premium Technology is mainly used to give you an opportunity to enjoy the realm of virtual world.
- Radeon FreeSync Technology is implemented in the gaming card in order to provide high gaming quality without stuttering and tearing. This technology enhances and improves the gaming displays by ensuring the users to play HDR games, watch high-quality movies, etc.
- Radeon Chill Technology is utilized to provide gameplay adaptive power saving features. This technology sustains the frame rate based on the in-game motion and movements and focuses on saving more power while delivering a similar exclusive experience. It lowers up to 20% of the total consumed power.
- AMD uses a unique technology called Radeon ReLive which provides simple and smooth VR experience on mobile devices. It also supports a unified transition from your PC to phone or tablet just by using the AMD link.
- A new technique is used to take your gaming experience to a higher level which is known as the DirectX 12 Technology. It also enables you to entice the performance and shrink latency.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology (Gaming) is used to give the gamer a higher level of reality and immersion. It also gives a panoramic experience to the AMD users.
- AMD enables the users to set a target maximum frame rate which is done by Frame Rate Target Control. By limiting the frame rate, you can not only save power but it also allows us to lower the heat and noise that is generated by the GPU.
- TressFX Hair Technology facilitates real-time hair physics system in gaming experiences. This technology creates on the massively-parallel processing capabilities of the Graphics Core Next Architecture to provide superior-quality in-game hair facilities thereby enabling high image quality.
- Virtual Super Resolution gives you a high-class resolution while gaming and it may offer up to 4K even on a 1080p display.
- The Vulkan API assists a better hardware feature and proficiency. It also presents powerful compatibility with the various OS like Windows 7, Windows 10, Ubuntu and Linux.
By using these modern and updated technologies as provided by AMD, Radeon RX Vega 56 stands out to be one of the beneficial and exceptional GPUs present in the existent market.
Due to high versatility and uniqueness of the hardware design of AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 gaming card, the installation procedure of the GPU on PC is pretty simple and easy. At the initial stage, the RX Vega 56 GPU is inserted into the desired PC. Thereafter, the corresponding drivers need to be installed on the PC for the particular graphics card. For proper installation of the RX Vega 56 GPU to the respective PC, you should connect a power supply which consists of the PCIs PEG connectors associated with itself.
Gaming & VR Features
The most up-to-date and modern Radeon RX Vega GPUs offer near-silent gaming features so as to optimize the audio and sound volumes dynamically based on the actual temperatures and workloads.
The Radeon VR Ready Premium Technology incorporated in the AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 GPU provides the life-like realms of virtual reality experiences.
There are different GPUs available in the prevalent market, however, AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 is considered to be one of the best and most versatile GPUs amongst all. Because of its exclusive features like easy OS compatibility, sleek and compact design, high-quality gaming and virtual reality experience, RX Vega 56 proves itself to be an exclusive and unique gaming card. The supreme display quality of the Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card will help you to achieve higher milestones in terms of display technologies. Also, the TressFX Hair technology provided by the Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card enables superior-quality image and in-game hair facilities.